Department of Materials Science & Engineering
- Stanford University
496 Lomita Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-4034
Tel. (650) 723-2534
Fax. (650) 725-4034
- Chair: Prof. Robert Sinclair
- Department Manager:
- Student Services Manager (Graduate Students): Fi Verplanke
- Student Services Specialist (Undergraduate Students & Postdocs): Jungmee Kim
- Assistant to the Chair and Administrative Associate (Sinclair and Chueh Groups): Sylvia Paris
- Faculty Affairs Administrator and Administrative Associate (Dauskardt, Dionne, and Reed Groups): Carol Scott
- Administrative Associate (Brongersma, Clemens, Cui, and Lindenberg Groups): Benita Givens
- Administrative Associate (Heilshorn, McGehee, Melosh, and Salleo Groups & CAMP): Erin Temel
- Administrative Associate (McIntyre Group): Sybille Katz
- Administrative Associate (Wang Group & BAPVC): Nuvia Pacheco
If you're looking for a specific staff member and can't find him or her, try searching the Stanford Directory. You can also find phone numbers and addresses (if the information is publicly available) at this site.
Visiting Stanford University
The easiest and economical way to get to your hotel from the airport is via shared ride through a service such as SuperShuttle*.
*Receive $6.00 off each way on Shared Ride and $7.00 off each way on Exclusive Blue Van or ExecuCar service (coupon code T9X58). For shared ride service, each additional passenger pays only $10.00.
Enterprise offers discounted rate for Stanford affiliates.
Public Transportation from SFO:
BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) operates rapid rail service directly between SFO and northern San Mateo County. The SFO BART Station is located on the Departure/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal (Boarding Area G side). BART is easily accessed from any terminal by riding SFO’s AirTrain to the Garage G/BART Station stop. Take the BART to Millbrae Station and transfer to Caltrain Commuter Rail south bound, and get off at Palo Alto Station. Caltrain serves communities on the Peninsula and South Bay, with service between San Francisco and Gilroy. Weekday express trains operate between Millbrae and Palo Alto during commute hours. Depending on your hotel location, you may walk or take a free shuttle to your hotel from the Palo Alto Caltrain Station.
Public Transportation from SJC:
Take VTA Airport Flyer to Santa Clara Caltrain Station, board a north bound train, and get off at Palo Alto Station.